Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Intro to Intro to Digital Media

Hey folks. If you got pointed over here from my LiveJournal, then I guess I should explain what this is. One of the classes I'm taking this semester is RTF 319 -- Intro to Digital Media, and as an ongoing class project, we're maintaining a class-related blog. Hooray. I may cross-post a lot of stuff on both the LJ and this, if it applies.

Lessee... my computational history. In 1994, my family got our first home PC. I had been fascinated by the machines ever since the first grade when I had my first computer lab session at school on an Apple IIg, and having one at home pretty much blew my mind. We had the first version of AOL in 1995 (back when you were charged by the hour) so I've been wired just about as long as the average consumer could be. And I was nine at the time. So, I'm a child of the Digital Age, I guess.

Software experience: MS Office, Photoshop (for which I have won an award), all different kinds of video editing software, Finale 2004 music composition software, FL Studio, and lots more other stuff that also doesn't apply to this class.

I took AP Computer Science for four years in high school, but spent more time not doing actual work for the class than actually doing work for the class (BZ Flag became a regular pastime), but nevertheless got A's every semester, so I guess I knew what I was doing. I never took any formal webmastery training, but since I've been online for most of my life, I'm pretty much a self-trained web-savvy little guy. I mean, just look at all the HTML tagging in this blog entry!

Well, there's that.

0 Comments:

* * * << Home