Sunday, February 20, 2005

Maintaining Quotas

I'm pulling an all-nighter studying for a Psychology Test. The Internet is helping to keep me awake.

Because, yes, I do still visit Homestarrunner.com every monday to see what is new (I knew about them before they were cool. Just like I knew about Franz Ferdinand before they were cool. I'm on the cutting edge of excitement!), here's an example of what Chris refers to as a "Homer Simpson Website."

Oh, and speaking of Mr. McConnell, he posted some loverly photographs of an open flesh wound on his Flickr account the other day. I won't link directly to them, since that, while potentially earning me some kudos for the A HREF tag and stuff, will probably result in an adverse reaction, by Chris, to my final grade. And while I don't think he would do that (especially since, as we have discussed, whatever embarassing thing you put on the intarweb, you've made fair ground for all to see). I will say, though, that I've already linked to his blog. So go see for yourself. Fair warning, though, its extra-close-zoomed-in, for extra accessibility for the visually impaired. You can see individual blood cells coagulating.

Oh, and here's a Wikipedia article about the Uncanny Valley, that principal of doll-like spookiness I was talking about on Wednesday. See, its for real. Like, with corroborating science and everything. And if you call yourself web savvy and you haven't been to Wikipedia yet, you should either stop calling yourself web savvy or go to Wikipedia, because it is a place for knowledge and knowledge is power.

Alright, I'm off to go back to studying for this Psych Exam. Yay for fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Homer Simpson didn't use Flash, since it wasn't really around when that episode aired. I'll have to track it down one of these days, but I'll bookmark that HSR clip, too.

Feel free to link to my woooond. I've been pasting it all over the place.

* * * << Home